Saturday 28 May 2011

Some before and after photos - From biker to broken


 
Picking up the new bike from the dealership - parked up next to my old M50. See ya girl! I'm off!!



At home in my driveway for the first time. Simply buzzing. This is the shot they put in the paper





 Cheeky miss - turned up to a Thursday night ride to share new pride and joy with my mates. Yuuuus!



The accident happens. I found these two pictures on my cell phone in hospital. I had no idea I took them. Me lying in the grass for 5 hours while I wait to be found, with multiple broken bones.




In hopstial. A friend of mine took these when I first arrived. I'll try to figure out how to rotate these later. Whoops - blonde moment.







The photo for the papers. Once again, I do not remember this happening but I assume at the time I said "sure, why the hell not?!"




Prior to the full halo harness being attached, I had weight traction through the bed, tied to my head. I remember it being a huge relief not having something dangling off my halo.




I fractured my fibular. I also a large flap open on my leg when I struck and got caught on a barbed wire fence. Because I already had a large open would, they operated and inserted a titanium plate on my bone to heal the fracture. They sticked up my impressive would and put me in cast.



Do you see me? See me here? I would just like to point out that I am now sitting up, and this is day one of using my awesome hopeless abs! Let the workout begin. How I had no idea that day that I would develop abs of steel controlling EVERY movement in the halo, including standing.


The final cast. I then looked at my arm and realised the cast was pink! I don't recall that? But I knew then that I MUST have been with it, and choosen the colour of my first cast ever that I would have when I was 13. Personally, I blame the drugs, and Matt.



My lovely teddies that many friends brought in for me. My room was deliciously bright with about 50 bunches of stunning flowers, teddies, chocolate hampers and many more cards filled with love. Gees guys and girls, what a way to lift someones spirits during her 9 days in hospital. Thank you.



Battery of phone now charged after my rescue day, and I begin to work through the hundred of messages I have recieved - not taking a single one of them in at the time. I must have decided to keep each of them, and went through them all again weeks later, when I got my memory back. Beautiful messages from beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment